Monday, January 23, 2012

Chapter 6: I Got You


Drake and Nicki were in the studio together, recording a track for Nicki’s new album entitled Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded.  They had been in the studio for hours, but neither of them was tired of it. They were with the one they loved, doing what they loved. They were content.
They took a break to just chill and talk for a while. Drake picked up Nicki’s phone and started teasing her about her blackberry.
“Nic, come on. Get with the times. Blackberries are so two thousand years ago.”
Nicki side eyed him. “Shut up. Don’t think you cute just cause you got an iPhone. And it’s BARBIEberry. Get it straight, bew bew. “
Drake laughed. “But Nic, if you get a BARBIE iPhone, you could get an instagram and twitpic cool pictures to your barbz.”
“What is this instagram thing? Safaree is always talking about it. “
“It’s this picture taking app. You know, like twitpic and yfrog and what not? Except you can edit pictures and frame them in instagram.”
“Oh. Let me see yours.”
Drake handed her his iPhone and got up to go mess with something in the booth. Nicki looked through his instagram until she saw one picture and stopped. It was a picture of Drake working out. The back of his torso entitled “Tour Training.”
“ZAAAAAAAMMMMNNNNNN.” Nicki said.
“What?”
“Zamn zaddy, you sexy as fuck.”
“What are you talking about, Nic?”
She turned the phone around to show him.
“Oh.”
“Oh? Oh? Do you have any idea how sexy this is, Aubrey?”
“I mean, I guess.”
“Shut up, you know how sexy this is or you wouldn’t have posted it.” She got up and walked over to him.
“What are you doing?”
“Minding my business.”
She lifted his sweater just a little so her hand could reach up and touch his abs. She traced them with her cold fingers, making Drake shiver.
He lost his train of thought for a minute. “Um…Your business? I do believe this is my body, Onika.”
“Mkay.” She continued to stroke his abs.
“Mkay? So, it’s cool for you to just rub up on me like that?”
“You’re mine, so I don’t see why not.” She said matter of factly.
He chuckled. “I guess that’s true.”  He let her continue until he realized how cold her hands were.
“Umm, Nic?”
“Hmm?” She answered, absentmindedly.
“Your hands are cold.”
“Oop. Sorry babe.” She removed her hands and went back to looking through his instagram.
 A couple minutes later, she stumbled across a picture of a girl Drake had been linked to a while ago.
“What is this?”
“Show me, I can’t see it.”
She turned the phone to face him.”
“Oh, that’s Dollicia. You know, my model friend.”
“Oh. When was this?”
“Couple of weeks ago.”
“Where?”
“At a restaurant.”
“Oh.”
“Are you okay?”
“Fine.”
“Nic?”
She didn’t answer him. He walked over to her chair and kneeled in front of her.
“Please. Don’t do it.”
“Do what?”
“Don’t. Just don’t go there. Please.”
“Why not Aubrey? Why not? I mean, why shouldn’t I? I don’t know what you did with her.”
“I did nothing with her.” Drake said in a stern voice.
“How do I know that?”
“You need to trust me.”
“I don’t need to shit.”
“Nic. Please don’t.”
“STOP saying that.”
“Okay. Okay Nic. But do I EVER say ANYTHING when I see pictures of you and Safaree holding hands, him carrying you. No. I don’t say SHIT. Because I trust you.”
“You know that’s my best friend. You know he only does those things because I can’t walk in my heels or my outfits sometimes.  If he was more than that, HE would be here right now and you wouldn’t. But YOU’RE here, and he’s not. And have I ever been romantically linked to Safaree, TRUTHFULLY, not just in the media? No, I haven’t. So, don’t go there.”
Drake took a deep breath and said “Look, Nic. I’m not going to go back and forth with you on this. I love you. I’m not interested in anyone else. And if you don’t know that by now and aren’t 100% sure of that, then maybe this isn’t the right thing for us.”
That caught her off guard. She looked up at him and then looked back down, trying to prevent him from noticing the tears forming in her eyes. “Fine.” She said in a choked voice, the hurt clogging her throat. “If that’s what you want, if you don’t want to be here anymore, then get your shit and leave.” She couldn’t help it. She burst into tears. Tears of hurt that Drake would even say something like that and tears of irritability and anger at herself for letting her guard down.
Drake took another deep breath and kneeled down to look Nicki in the eye. He put his thumb under her chin and tilted her face upwards to face him.
“Nicki.  I don’t want to leave. I want to stay here. Here with you. You and only you. But I can’t do that if you don’t trust me. I’m going to do everything in my power not to hurt you, but you just need to trust me. That’s all I’m asking.”
A tear rolled down her cheek. He wiped it away, waiting for her response.
“I need a day or two.”
Drake froze. He knew he heard her correctly, but he couldn’t believe it. He took his hand off her face, looked down at her, then got up, grabbed his stuff, and walked out, saying nothing.
2 days later and nothing had changed between the two. Drake refused to call her, no matter how much he wanted her, and Nicki refused the same. She wanted to see if he really cared, so she waited for his call, which she never got.
“Nic.” Safaree said as he came into Nic’s room to check on her.
“What?” She mumbled from under her covers.
“When are you gonna stop this moping around shit? It’s getting kind of old.”
“Shut the fuck up, Safaree and get the hell out.” She threw her pillow at him.
He dodged it. “Nah, Nic. I’m serious. You got an album to finish and letting some dude get in the way of your shit is not like you at all.”
“He’s not just some guy, Safaree.”
“Yeah, yeah, yeah, he’s Drake, okay, cool. But you’re Onika Tanya Maraj and you don’t need no dude that’s just hurting you in ya life.”
“No, it’s not like that. I accused him of cheating and he wasn’t, but I couldn’t get my shit together to trust him. You know how I am. I don’t like being played with, pauz, and I just couldn’t get myself together in that moment, so I told him I needed a couple days.
Safaree looked at her for a minute, a dead blank stare on his face.
“Fuck are you looking at me like that for?”
“Because, that shit sounds so simple, Nic. Just call the dude and get this over with so we can get back to the music.”
“NO, SAFAREE. IT’S NOT THAT SIMPLE. IF HE WANTED TO TALK TO ME, HE WOULD’VE CALLED ME. NOW GET THE FUCK OUT.” She threw another pillow at him and a water bottle that was on her nightstand.
“Aight, ghatdamn, chill.” He muttered as he left the room.
Over at Drake’s hotel, things weren’t going so well either. Usually, had Drake been upset over a girl, he would have drunk his misery away. But he couldn’t do that with Nic as the case. He sat in his room for hours, trying to figure out what to do to show her how much he cared, but he knew the thick shell she had, and he knew how hard it would be to get through to her. He was almost to the point of losing it when his phone rang. An unfamiliar number showed up on the ID, but he answered anyway.
“Hello?” He said in a lifeless voice.
“Yo. Is this Drake?”
“Yeah.” Drake said, about to hang up.
“Oh, sup. This is SB, you know, Nicki’s friend Safaree.”
Drake said nothing.
“Oh, yeah. This fight you and Nic are going through, I need you to end it. She’s miserable as shit and I can’t stand seeing her like this. Plus, we have an album to finish and a track for you to be on, sooooo, yeah.”
“She doesn’t want to talk to me.”
“Yes, she does.”
“Then why didn’t she call me?”
“You know how Nic is. She’s not going to do that. She rarely ever lets her guard down and she let it down for you which should let you know she cares.”
“I know that. I know she cares. But I’m tired of being the one to save shit. I have feelings and insecurities, just as she does.”
“Look, I didn’t call to debate over who’s wrong and who’s right. I called to help patch things up. So, you can either step up and fix things between the two of you, or just let the shit go and lose it all. And I don’t think you want to lose it all.
SB let that sink in for a minute.
“She’s at the house. I’ll leave the key under the mat just incase.” Then there was a click.
Drake took a big, deep breath, and pressed the home button on his phone to see the reason for all of this. There was a picture of Nicki smiling.
“Shit. Fuck is there somebody at my door for?” Nicki mumbled to herself while putting her pink slippers and robe on. She didn’t want to get out of bed at all.
“Who…” She said as she opened the door and was stopped in her tracks when she realized who it was.
“You said you needed a day or two. It’s been two days.”
No reply from Nicki.
“Can I come in?”
She nodded and walked back up to her room.”
“Where are you going?”
“Back to bed.”
“What? Nicki don’t. Can we not today?”
“I’m going back to bed.” She headed back up the steps and into her room. Drake followed. She took her robe off, revealing the black tanktop and gray boy shorts she had on.
“Damn.” He breathed.
“What?”
“Nothing. Look, Nic. I apologize for not telling you I went out with her. I’ll never not tell you I’m going out with someone again. Just, please forgive me so we can move on from this. I miss you. I don’t care if it’s only been two days. I miss you.”
“It’s not that, Aubrey. I don’t want full access into your private life, that’s something you’re entitled to. It’s just that, I know how you are with strippers. I know you, and the thought of you with her…the thought of her taking what’s mine just…” She trailed off, shaking her head and getting angry and emotional at the thought.
He laid down next to her so they were face to face.  “Is that it? Is that what this was?” He said with a hint of humor in his voice.
“What? What do you mean is that it? Are you laughing at me?” She said, her voice increasing in pitch with every question.
“No, no babe. I’m not laughing at you. Well, actually I am. Just at the fact that you thought anybody could take me away from you. The only person who has the power to keep me away from you is you.” He gently touched her chest with his index finger.
She closed her eyes and laughed at herself for making big drama out of nothing.
“Wow.”
“What?” He asked, staring into her eyes.
“I love you.”
He chuckled. “Just realizing that? Cause I’ve known it since day one.”
She laughed. “Come here.” She put both hands on either side of his face and pulled him in close. She kissed him softly at first, but their lips got more intense as she realized how much she loved him. He moved down to her neck as she caught her breath.
“I’m going to make this up to you.” She said breathlessly.
“Oh?” He breathed, his warm breath tingling her neck.
“Yes.” She pulled his lips back up to hers and kissed him, tracing the shape of his bottom lip with the tip of her tongue.
“Damn.” He said, shocked at her technique. “How?”
“How do you want it?” She asked him.
“However you want to give it to me.”
She thought for a minute.  “Give me 10 minutes. Get out.”
“What? Why?”
“No boy, just go downstairs for a minute. “
He followed her orders, a little upset that he had to leave her so soon.
“You’ll survive.” She said.
He looked back at her with puppy eyes and she blew him a kiss.
“There, now go.” She said. He smiled and left.
Nic grabbed everything she needed, set it up, and called Drake back upstairs.
When he walked into her room, she was sitting on the front of the bed. She walked over to him and said “Lift up.”
“What?”
“Lift your arms up.”
He followed suit and she took off his long sleeved, gray shirt, showing his gorgeous, fit torso. She looked him up and down, closed her eyes, and took a deep breath.
“Okay. Go take a shower.”
“Huh?”
“Go take a shower. A hot one.”
“Why?”
“Just go do it, please.”
Ten minutes later, Drake came out of Nicki’s bathroom with a blue towel wrapped around his waist. The sun shining through the window hit his chest in all the right places, making him look more godlike than human.
“Sit here.” She told him, pointing to the front of the bed.
When he was in position, back to her, she climbed on the bed and straddled his waist.
“Will you tell me what you’re doing now?”
 “Just relax babe, I got you.”
He shut his eyes and let her do her thing.  She reached behind her and grabbed the oil she received from Victoria’s Secret as a gift; never thinking it would come in handy. She checked to make sure it was the kind that heated up when rubbed and spread it all over Drake’s back for his massage.
She worked her fingers into all of his tense spots, caressed all of his sensitive spots, and kissed the spots that held his tattoos.
“Wow.”
She leaned over and kissed his cheek.
After a few more minutes of his massage, Drake pulled Nicki forward and onto his lap.
“What are you doing? I wasn’t done.”
“It’s okay. Thank you, love. That was literally one of the most amazing things I’ve ever felt.”
She half smiled, her left dimple showing. He kissed it and said, “I love you. So much.”
“I love you too.”
“No. I don’t think you understand how much I love you, Onika.”
“I’ll understand it someday.” She joked.
“Hopefully.”
He kissed her then and they fell back onto the bed, into what would be one of the best nights of their lives. 

2 comments:

  1. Zammn Zaddy you sexy af! <----- lmao that's what I said when I seen it! bwhahahaha
    This whole 2 day thing was pointless but I see why Nic did it :( She made it up to him tho ;)
    They were cute at the end throwing out hint of possible "hubby/wifey" thing. Loved this chapter also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... that pic. >>>>> I was like Laaawd.. you see that Nic? It's all yours if you just say the word, like. smh. & 2 days. Where they do that at? She's a trip. lol. They could've talked it out in the studio & made up there. O_o But shout out to the brodie Sb. He came through big time. Respect. Awww, Nic betta cater to her Ken. Love.
    -@nickisalute

    ReplyDelete