Friday, February 10, 2012

Chapter 13. Good Ones Stay. (Cameras pt.3)



He let her words sink in, trying to see where she was going. “What…what do you mean?”
“Don’t you get tired of waiting? There’re so many other people out there that could do so much more for you, that you could be so much more with. You shouldn’t waste all your time waiting on me and trying for me, Drake. Seriously.”
He shook his head. “You don’t get it, Nic. I want you.”
She cut him off. “Stop. Think of all the girls you could have, the relationships you could build, the love you could have. Think of everything that you could have if you’d just STOP vying for me.”
“You’re acting like I don’t have any type of life outside of you, Nic. I do. I go out, I have relations and what not. None of that compares to how I feel about you, though. Since you want to use my song lyrics for reference, Hate Sleeping Alone. I say “I’d rather be with you, but you are not around, so Imma call somebody up and see if they’d be down.” See.” He looked at her, feeling like he had a pretty good argument. He forgot how stubborn she was.
“Okay. But while you’re just having “relations”, you could be having a real relationship, Drake. You’re not getting what I’m saying!”
“I am. Nic. I am. I get what you’re saying, I just don’t know why you don’t want to be with me.”
“Because.”
“Because?”
“Because I have my career, Drake. I don’t need a relationship right now. I also don’t like for my private life to be in the media. And because you’re you! You’re Aubrey, you’re Drake. The guy I spent years with, looking at as a brother, nothing more. I love you, but I don’t love you.”
“You came running out of the studio, screaming my name, because you don’t love me. You drove all the way back here because you don’t love me. You were crying your eyes out on my chest once you got here because you don’t love me. “
She didn’t know what to say to that. He took advantage of her silence.
“The things you say I could have with other women, I could have that with you if you’d just let me. Let us be together. Just try, Nic. Stay here with me. Just for tonight. We don’t even have to do anything. Just…just stay the night with me.”
At that moment, Nicki’s mind and thought pattern changed. “Stop being so negative!” She told herself. “He obviously cares, what could one night do?” Then the phrase “You only live once, that’s the motto, nigga YOLO” popped into her head in his voice. She laughed to herself and looked up at him. “Fine.” She said, half smiling at him.
“YES!” He picked her up off the couch and swung her around, pulling her into a tight hug. “Thank you, Nic.” He smiled at her with the happiest, most heartwarming smile. She happily sighed and settled in to spend the rest of her night with him. 
--------------------------------------------------------
K, so since you guys said you still read this, I'll try and figure out some way to continue from this chapter. :D But if not, you can let me know if there's anything you'd like me to write about. 

6 comments:

  1. YAHHHHHH! I loved it I thought it was going to end badly but you turned it around *joys* Loved it post soon maybe umm write a grammy one lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED it! In My opinion This was one or yhur Best chapters! All yhur chapters are amazinq but this was my favorite by far! Keep it up Nd POST REAL SOON :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nigga you better continue this. This WHOLEE THANGGGG. Find inspiration somewhere, hell make the shit up. But i really want you to continue :) I'm tired of one shots :| Post soon, danx bewski.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED this!
    But Nicki is in denial.
    She knows she has feelings for Drake but for some reason she's just keeping them stored inside to avoid getting hurt. Her career is her man obviously *rolls eyes* I would love for you to continue this to see how this night goes & hopefully it'll show that this whole "like a brother" thing will be proven wrong. As far as other things to write, Grammy's will be cool or even the Pre-Grammy's party. Doesn't matter really..I love all your one shots so I'll be waiting. Update soon twin ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol good I thought this was goin south....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesss... change that mindset Nic.. just give it a try. Like, it's better than never knowing. & Drizzy betta deal with sleeping alone. Tuh! -@nickisalute

    ReplyDelete